Top 5… Traditional Egg Decorations!
Did you know, that actually the Easter eggs tradition didn’t start with chocolate…? Behind the rows and rows of commercialised packaging, brands and more sugary treats than you can shake a chocolate stick at – are symbols of fertility, rebirth and new life. The tradition of giving and receiving eggs goes back hundreds of years and good old UK chocolate brand Cadbury explains all with ‘The Story of Easter and Easter Eggs’ HERE.
I love chocolate, don’t get me wrong (who doesn’t?) and Easter is a great excuse to have chocolate for breakfast – but I remember as a child always having boiled eggs on Easter Sunday morning, and loved nothing more than getting all my feltip pens out and drawing pretty patterns on the shells afterwards!
So, whatever the reasons behind the egg tradition – and I am certainly looking forward to some chocolately delights on Sunday – but here are my Top 5 egg decorations – the more traditional way…
1. Love colour? Have some patience and time on your hands? How about creating some ‘Pantone‘ eggs as here on How About Orange?
2. Simple, but effective – are these ‘Oodles of Doodles‘ pastel coloured eggs from Pattern Stitch Blog, that look great! Or, get inspiration from her previous year designs in minimalist black and white! Go wild with edible pens and creating your own wacky doodles!
3. Now when is there a time in life when glitter doesn’t improve everything?! Why not try these Glitter dipped eggs from ‘Frugal Mom Eh!‘. Bright, sparkly and fun!
4. Living at Home has this great idea of just simply decorating using tapes wrapped around in vibrant colours! (use Google Translate to turn German – English, simples!)
5. Lastly, but not leastly – these beautiful and intricately designed eggs by The Caroline Johansson add a further touch of inspiration by adding on a little hook – which you could then hang up on a tree!
There are hundreds, thousands of ideas out there! While searching, I came across ‘Minion’ eggs, ‘Super Mario’ eggs, simply dyed, painted, metallic, wax resist… go wild and unleash your imagination!
P.S. Ok, I know I said ‘Top 5’ but I couldn’t resist also adding a link to these ‘eggcellent’ (sorry) Disney themed cuties!
Leave a Reply