The Crafty Lass does… MUSH!
However… sometimes – there can be very hard days that don’t always make the Instagram feed and filters! 90% of days are brilliant, but there is the other 10% that don’t quite cut the rose-tinted-glasses mustard…
Watching him heart warmingly giggle as Mummy saying ‘Boo!’ over and over (and over!) again as it is apparently the new best-thing-ever is great… But singing the same song over and over (and OVER!!) just to stop him fighting sleep only for the door to knock, and have to start again – is certainly not!
I am very fortunate to have a very loving, supportive Husband, family and some fantastic friends – but with young kids I think it’s pretty true that you can never have too many local friends – who can drag you out of your comfortable home – get out, get talking, get cake! – and who also know that whilst being a mum is amazing, it’s also bloody hard work, with some really long days and sometimes not enough adult company… Well not any more!
So…Calling all mummies!
The Crafty Lass is helping to promote a new app called MUSH – basically a local mum-friend finder (think Tinder, but for playdates!!)
It’s completely free and connects mums with other local, like-minded mums who have kids the same age for friendship, play-dates, group meet-ups, maybe the odd week-day pub lunch… There’s also a local ‘hub’ for a place to find/set-up events and some (very!) amusing blog posts!
The MUSH mission is to make the lives of mums more sociable and fun by enabling meet-ups with other mums for friendship, fun, solidarity in the face of toddler tantrums and the 3am club, and possibly even a glass of wine!