NEW for 2018! The Crafty Lass does… Sketchbook Creativity Class including ‘Bind Your Own Sketchbook’!
An exciting and creative new event here at The Crafty Lass… Why not try something new for 2018? #NewYearNewSkill
Tuesday evenings: 19.15 – 21.15 The Crafty Lass – Sketchbook Creativity Class including ‘Bind Your Own Sketchbook’.
Come and enjoy a chance for some weekly social creativity out of your busybusybusy day at ‘The Crafty Lass’ Old Grain Store workshop studio! #CLOGS
Meet like-minded people and turn everyday items into extraordinary subjects of pattern, light and colour – looking at things in a new way… Then bind your own sketchbook!
- Each class there will be a new surprise subject – for example such as ‘Afternoon Tea’, ‘Water’, ‘The Sewing Box’ or ‘Metals’ – and a themed display for which to draw inspiration from.
- We will focus on a specific medium each week such as paints, charcoal, inks and even ‘ordinary’ biros and highlighters, papers and fabrics for collage – but everything will always be available for you should you decide this style isn’t for you or you want to incorporate something new! Perhaps you’d like to add in a splash of colour, or purely draw in pencil.
- The papers we will be working on are from ‘Homeward Bound Books’ – they will be A5 in size and include various boards including handmade Indian paper, coloured, cream, different textured and kraft brown paper to further explore what works best as a base for each theme and medium.
- One of the most exciting aspects to this course – is each A5 piece of paper will have holes pre-added for binding – and the final week of this course will be a chance to reflect – looking back at our drawings, deciding in which order you would like them to go – and most crafty, learning how to bind them together into a beautiful sketchbook to treasure as a keepsake of the classes. There will be spare paper to additionally add in to the book and continue the inspiration on post The Crafty Lass Creativity term.
- There will be no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way to represent the items on display – a chance to get expressive and creative! You can focus on one precise drawing for the 2 hour session, or perhaps make 10 expressive doodles – you can draw one item from the display, or everything in it and more – you can do whatever you like!
- If lacking for ideas and inspiration – The Crafty Lass will guide you through with hints and tips to produce some exciting and interesting artwork.
- Feel free to move around the studio – or swap seats with another person to gain a new perspective or different angle.
- There will be a chance to take photos of the display each week should you wish to continue your inspiration and drawing beyond the class.
- Each class will include refreshments.*
Make. Create. Inspire.
Please note this is a 10 week course.
|TUESDAY 23RD JANUARY 19.15-21.15|
|TUESDAY 30TH JANUARY 19.15-21.15|
|TUESDAY 6TH FEBRUARY 19.15-21.15|
|TUESD AY 13TH FEBRUARY 19.15-21.15|
|TUESDAY 20TH FEBRUARY 19.15-21.15|
|TUESDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 19.15-21.15|
|TUESDAY 6TH MARCH 19.15-21.15|
|TUESDAY 13TH MARCH 19.15-21.15|
|TUESDAY 20TH MARCH 19.15-21.15|
|TUESDAY 27TH MARCH 19.15-21.15 SKETCHBOOK BINDING CLASS|
£135.00, only £13.50 per two hour session!
If you are unexpectedly unable to attend one of the weekly sessions after booking the 10 week course – we will happily refund you the £13.50 weekly charge up to a maximum of 2 out of the 10 sessions. Or, you can choose to allocate the credit to another The Crafty Lass workshop.
If for whatever reason we are not at full capacity (maximum 8 to a class) – and you would like to join us for a one off session – this would be £15.00 per week of attendance – however, please note this cannot be guaranteed and will not include the binding of the sketchbook class. We would advise booking the full term to gain the most out of the creative experience. Please get in touch if you would like to attend as a one off booking and we can advise if there is any space available.
Tickets can be purchased online via PayPal only.
Workshop ticket bookings are subject to our T&Cs.
*Please advise if you have any dietary requirements and we will do our best to accommodate.
TO BOOK TICKETS – please CLICK HERE!
Leave a Reply