Well, the official ‘National Stationery Week’ may be over – but in the words of Sarah Millican on Twitter:
So, why not carry on your love for stationery and get creative with a handmade birthday card! All you need for this simple idea is some blank card, some scissors and the ever popular – washi tape! 🙂
It was recently a special birthday in this house, and my husband’s favourite colour is green…Understandably this card may be a little bright for some tastes – but go with whatever colours your recipient would love of course 🙂
A very simple card and craft, but I think with an effective outcome!
– Print out, or draw the ‘3 and 0’, or a letter, or even a short phrase! (backwards if possible so that no opportunity for lines to be seen when on the card) – cut out, turn over and wrap in washi tape!
– Cut out a rectangle of card, in whatever size and shape you would like – and score down the middle so that the card folds nicely in half.
– Cover the front of the card in alternative/contrasting tape to make sure you can see the numbers/font clearly and just trim neatly at the edges.
– I used some Sellotape sticky foam pads to then attach the numbers to the card so that they stood out slightly, but you could just glue straight on.
– ‘Et Voila!’ one personalised, handmade birthday card! 🙂